Taleggio, Pear and Basil Chicken Salad Recipe
Ingredients (for 4 people):
4 chicken breast fillet
4 slices of Taleggio cheese (soft, creamy Brie-like Italian cheese, quite stinky cheese)
1-2 fresh pears, sliced
2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons sugar
150 ml water
salt, pepper to taste
red chicory leaves/chioggia
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. In a bowl, toss together the salad leaves and cherry tomatoes, add a dash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, mix well and then divide over 4 plates.
2. In a small pot, caramelise the sugar by heating together the sugar and water, stirring frequently.
3. When the sugar is caramelised, add the chopped basil leaves.
4. Continue to cook this over low fire until the basil leaves soften and the mixture becomes syrupy in consistence, then set aside.
5. Heat up your oven grill.
6. On a baking sheet, lightly oil the 4 chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, then grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. When the second side is done, take chicken out, add the pear slices first, then top with the Taleggio slice.
8. Grill again until the Taleggio melts.
9. Put 1 chicken breast on each salad plate, and drizzle the basil syrup over the chicken. Buon apetito!
Recipe author: bananeira / NibbleDish