Thai Beef Salad (Yum Neua) Recipe
1 red pepper
2 jalapeños (or Thai chili peppers)
Handful of cilantro
1 small red onion
1 head of romaine lettuce
3 sirloin steaks
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of rice vinegar
2 teaspoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 teaspoon of white pepper
1. Season steaks with salt and black pepper.
2. Heat stainless steel pan with olive oil until it starts to smoke.
3. Sear steaks on both sides. You will know when the steaks are fully seared when you can pick it up with tongs and they no longer stick to the pan.
4. Cook steaks at 350 for about 7 minutes. Monitor your steaks for medium rear. You do not want to overcook them. Take them out a little early, wrap in tin foil and let rest.
5. Mix dressing with a whisk.
6. Chop up salad ingredients and then put it all together. Sprinkle the white pepper over the salad.
Recipe author: arugulafiles / NibbleDish