As summer approaches, we need a varied diet that’s full of vitamins. Our recommendation for today is a delicious caprese salad (tomato & mozzarella) with baked eggplant slices.
Eggplant, Mozzarella & Tomato Salad Recipe
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 eggplant, sliced
freshly ground black pepper
400 grams sliced mozzarella
1/2 kg tomatoes, sliced
a few basil leaves
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Place some baking paper on a tray and coat with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
3. Arrange the eggplant slices in the tray, sprinkle with one tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, then let cool at room temperature.
5. Place the eggplant slices on a plate, together with the mozzarella and tomato slices.
6. Sprinkle some basil on top and pour the balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.