When we hear Tabbouleh salad, we are used to imagining lots of bulgur and parsley. But how about trying to make Tabbouleh differently than the traditional recipe? With quinoa, parsley and asparagus? Please try this recipe and let us know if you liked it!
Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
1 cup dry quinoa
1 bunch asparagus
2 bunches parsley
1 cup mint leaves
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 small cucumbers, minced
6 green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
juice of half a lemon
a quarter cup olive oil
one and a half a teaspoon salt
a pinch of nutmeg
pepper, to taste
1. Boil two cups water in a medium sized pot. Add the quinoa and a little salt, turn the heat to low and let boil. Cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the pot covered for about 10 minutes. Loosen with a fork and set aside.
2. Clean the tough asparagus ends and cut into pieces. Put aside.
3. Put the asparagus in a blender or food processor and process until you get a rough texture. Put aside.
4. Wash the parsley and drain well.
5. Finely chop the parsley and mint.
6. Add the quinoa and chopped asparagus into a large bowl.
7. Add the parsley, mint, green onion and cucumber.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix everything well.